WINE COUNTRY EXPLORER
Explore the Okanagan Valley, Canada’s premier wine region, home to award-winning vintages and farm-to-table dining experiences. Soak in the region’s natural beauty and stay in the small resort towns of Osoyoos and Kelowna. There are plenty of activities to enjoy from cycling, wine tasting at an Indigenous winery, lounging on the beach or swimming in Canada’s warmest lake.
Vancouver to Osoyoos
- Depart from Vancouver in the morning and start the road less travelled.
- We suggest leaving town along Highway 7, leading you through small towns, villages and past farmland and beautiful landscapes.
- On your way to Osoyoos, stop at the Othello Tunnels near Hope, go for a hike in Manning Park or pick up some delicious fruit at a fruit stand in Keremeos.
- Today is at your leisure.
- You can spend the day exploring some of the many wineries , have a relaxing day by the beach or go for a bike tour.
- We have included a wine tasting at Nk’Mip Winery for you.
- If you want to learn more about the Indigenous people that call these lands their home, we recommend a visit to the Nk’Mip Desert and Heritage Centre in Osoyoos.
Osoyoos to Kelowna
- Today you will be heading north to Kelowna, passing through communities like Summerland and Penticton.
- On your way into town, visit a local winery for a tasting before checking in to your hotel.
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure.
- Another option is to drive as far as Vernon and visit places such as Davison Orchard.
- You will be picked up from your hotel (morning or afternoon departures available) for an amazing 4-hour self-guided bike ride along the Kettle Valley Railway, a 24 km tour across 18 trestles and through 2 tunnels. But don’t worry – the trail is relatively flat – we tried it!
- After your bike ride, you will be dropped off at your hotel in Kelowna. What a great day!
Kelowna to Vancouver
- All good things must come to an end.
- At your leisure, depart Kelowna for your final drive home.
- Explore the Okanagan Valley, Canada’s premier wine region
- Stay in the small resort towns of Osoyoos and Kelowna.
- Plenty of activities to enjoy from cycling, wine tasting at an Indigenous winery, lounging on the beach or swimming in Canada’s warmest lake.