YUKON DOG MUSHING ADVENTURE
This tour is an authentic Northern experience for the more adventurous, featuring a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to mush a team of dogs on a two-hour ride! There is a Wildlife Preserve in the area, and you will also have the opportunity to go snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Complete your day at the lake with ice fishing and bison smokies by the bonfire before viewing the Northern Lights directly from your accommodation (weather dependent). All meals and cozy winter clothing are included.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and we cannot guarantee that you will see them. We will ensure that your trip remains a bucket list experience, even if you are not fortunate enough to see the Aurora Borealis!
Vancouver to Whitehorse
- Flight to Whitehorse. Please be sure to arrive 90 minutes before your flight to make sure that you have time to check-in at the Air North Check-in counter. The trip usually takes 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Upon arrival, a staff member of the lodge will give you a quick orientation and details of the coming days, including lifestyle with the dogs.
- Your winter clothing for the trip will be ready for you at the lodge.
- After that, you have free time to explore the dog yard and the surrounding property until the first home-cooked dinner is served at around 6:00 pm.
- Tonight you will have your first opportunity to view the famed Aurora Borealis. The lodge is free of the light pollution and in a great location to see the Northern lights if they are active. Guests are welcome to stay up and watch, and we supply hot beverages for the night.
- After a nice hearty breakfast, you will go to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve for a guided tour, included in your package. It is a unique wildlife viewing property featuring 13 species of northern Canadian mammals in their natural environment.
- After lunch, it is time to prepare the dog teams for a fun ride! You will learn how to harness your team and handle the sled for a 2-hour ride through the frozen Yukon wilderness.
- Back at the lodge, you are invited to help take care of your team and soak in the dog cuddles, before enjoying a hot chocolate at the fireplace in the lodge.
- Today you head out for an ice fishing adventure and try your luck in catching some local fish.
- In the afternoon, you will hope on the back of a snowmobile to explore the beautiful views Fish Lake has to offer.
- A hot and hearty home-cooked meal will await for you upon returning from your adventures.
- After that, there is one more night ahead to cozy up on the deck of the lodge and get a chance to see the Yukon sky light up with the Aurora.
Whitehorse to Vancouver
- Today we will transfer you to the Whitehorse airport or a hotel downtown, depending on your travel arrangements.
Speak to an agent to request a quote and to book available dates in winter 2024/25.
Contact us for a quote for November 2024 - April 2025!
- Legendary Canadian adventure
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience mushing a team of dogs
- Witness the glorious Aurora Borealis, a spectacular, colourful display (weather dependent)
- Savour delicious home-cooked meals prepared for you every day