DISCOVER VANCOUVER ISLAND & MALAHAT SKYWALK
This day tour is the perfect option for guests that have already visited Victoria and are looking to explore more on Vancouver Island. On this tour guests will travel through old-growth forests, stop in the quaint towns of Cowichan Bay and Duncan, enjoy
a cidery tasting, and experience breathtaking views of the sea and the Gulf Islands along the route and at the top of Vancouver Island’s newest attraction – the Malahat SkyWalk.
Vancouver to Swartz Bay
- Depart from Canada Place at 7:15 am and Wall Centre at 7:30 am.
- Drive to the ferry terminal and experience a 90-minute scenic coastal
ferry ride aboard BC Ferries across the Strait of Georgia and through the Gulf Islands, from Vancouver Mainland to Swartz Bay. Be sure to visit the outside decks as it’s not uncommon to see all kinds of sea life, including porpoises and whales.
- Visit Vancouver Island’s newest outdoor attraction – the Malahat SkyWalk. This 10-storey, architecturally-inspiring spiral tower lookout is the first of its kind in B.C. and provides 360-degree views of islands, inlets, fjords, forests and mountains in two countries.
Cowichan Bay and Duncan
- Visit the quaint town of Cowichan Bay with free time for lunch and shopping.
- Enjoy a cidery tasting and tour at Merridale Cidery & Distillery.
Option to participate in a walking tour to view the 38 First Nations’ totems (including one of the world’s widest) that line downtown streets in the town of Duncan.
Merridale Cidery & Distillery
Nanaimo to Vancouver
- Sail back to the mainland on BC Ferries from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay.
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 8:30pm.
Strait of Georgia, the Gulf Islands, and all kinds of sea life
Pick Up Times
- Experience a scenic round trip coastal ferry ride across the Strait of Georgia and through the Gulf Islands from Vancouver Mainland to Swartz Bay and returning from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- Visit Vancouver Island’s newest attraction – Malahat SkyWalk
- Enjoy a cidery tasting and tour at Merridale Cidery & Distillery
- Visit the quaint town of Cowichan Bay with free time for lunch and shopping