TOFINO STORM WATCHING
Some might say getting caught in a winter storm is unlucky. Not in the eyes of Tofino locals and seasoned storm watchers. The much anticipated months between October and April transform the area and Pacific Ocean into a mysterious, powerful and awe-inspiring destination. Pack your raincoat and gumboots to face the elements and make sure to book a cozy accommodation where you can view the beach and ocean while getting comfy in front of the fireplace. These are the essentials for a successful Storm Watching Getaway in Tofino.
Vancouver to Tofino
- At your leisure take the ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island. Once you arrive on Vancouver Island a multitude of amazing things await you.
- Today is at your leisure. There are also many great hiking options to choose from. Bundle up and experience storm watching at its finest. During some of the most violent storms, 12-metre-tall ocean swells pound Cox Bay beaches and Headland View Point while winds over 60 knots in force scream off the Pacific Ocean, blasting sea water and rain in equal parts. You can also experience this all from the comfort of your oceanview room.
End of trip
- Today, head back to the ferry in Nanaimo and cruise back to the mainland.
BC Ferries Option
Harbour Air Option
- Scenic ferry to Nanaimo and chance to see all kinds of wildlife
- Pacific Rim National Park
- Variety of optional activities to see more nature and wildlife
- Tonquin & Long Beach stops