YELLOWKNIFE NORTHERN LIGHTS ADVENTURE
The Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights, is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. The city of Yellowknife lies directly underneath the aurora oval, giving an unparalleled front row seat to this most astonishing of natural wonders. Yellowknife is known as the Aurora Capital of the World and is also a winter wonderland with many adventures to experience such as dog-sledding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and more.
Vancouver to Yellowknife
- Fly from Vancouver to Yellowknife with Air North.
- On arrival, check into our hotel located in downtown Yellowknife.
- Evening free to explore the old town and dinner at leisure before being transferred to Aurora Village to watch the Northern Lights.
- You can experience the Northern Lights in comfort from a warm (shared) Teepee and a guide to alert you when the lights appear (weather permitting).
- Be sure to explore the many trails to more viewing platforms where you might see the lights.
- Transportation returns at 1am to your hotel.
- The first day you will have a choice of 2 activities. These include a 15-minute dog-sled ride, 60-75 minutes of snowshoeing or a snowmobiling adventure.
- There will also be ice fishing, a bonfire and marshmallows to complete your day.
- In the evening you will be transferred again to the Aurora Village to experience the Northern Lights.
- The second day, you will experience an Ice Fishing Demonstration and an earlier transfer from your hotel to Aurora Village to watch the Northern Lights.
- Enjoy a 3-course dinner before the Aurora viewing starts at 9pm until 1am.
Yellowknife to Vancouver
- This morning is free to enjoy Yellowknife.
- You may wish to walk around Old Town, go shopping or book an optional tour.
- Depart for the airport this afternoon for your flight back to Vancouver.
- Experience the Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
- Enjoy Yellowknife, known as the Aurora Capital of the World and a winter wonderland.
- Many adventures to experience such as dog-sledding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and more.