ROCKIES CHRISTMAS PREMIUM
Explore the enchanting Canadian Rockies in their magical winter glory on this special Christmas departure of our Rockies Winter Premium tour. Gaze at the breathtaking landscape of snow-covered mountains, frozen lakes, and pristine snowy vistas. This natural winter wonderland offers an amazing opportunity to celebrate the Holidays with your loved ones in a way you will never forget, and to try a range of quintessentially Canadian winter adventures!
This unique 5-day journey includes a 2-night stay in Banff -the heart of the Rockies-, an authentic sleigh ride through a winter wonderland, an engaging Indigenous cultural experience around the campfire, and ample free time to dive into thrilling winter activities. Discover the beauty of the region as you travel with an intimate group of up to 34 passengers.
This tour can be combined with our Yukon Northern Lights Holiday Premium package for the ultimate Canadian Christmas Holidays! Please note that combo space is sold out for this season, and you can contact us to join the waitlist for next year.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Kamloops
- Depart from Canada Place in Vancouver (Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure)
- Your tour guide will kick off the tour with introductions and fun games, allowing you to get to know your fellow travellers. On your way into the mountains, you’ll learn facts about the areas you travel through
- Enjoy the journey with a variety of captivating sights, including the Coquihalla Highway and Canada’s only desert in the Okanagan
- Make a stop in Kamloops for lunch
- Indulge in a wine tasting experience at a local winery
- Check-in to your riverside accommodations in Kamloops
- Experience the rich culture of the region with a First Nations Cultural Talk,guided by the Okanagan Indian Band. An Indigenous Cultural Host will welcome the group and tell captivating stories and legends around a campfire
Kamloops to Banff
- Enjoy breakfast included at your hotel
- This morning, depart Kamloops and travel to Banff while gazing at the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Stop at Roger’s Pass National Historic Site
- Explore the world-renowned Emerald Lake
- Visit Lake Louise and have the option to go ice skating (seasonal)
- Arrive in Banff and check into your hotel
- Enjoy free time to explore, shop and dine along Banff Avenue
*Photos courtesy of ©Gerard Yunker and Travel Alberta
- Celebrate Christmas day in the heart of the Rockies!
- Enjoy breakfast in your hotel
- Get on a scenic sleigh ride through a magical winter wonderland (included)
- Join a guided driving tour of Banff, including Bow Falls, HooDoos, Banff Springs Hotel and more
- Have the rest of the day free to explore on your own or book an optional activity (additional cost), such as the Banff Gondola or exciting winter adventures like ice walking or skiing/snowboarding at Lake Louise Ski Resort
- Gather to savour a delicious Christmas dinner with the group
*Photo courtesy of ©Travel Alberta
Banff to Golden
- Enjoy breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Have the option to ski or snowboard at Lake Louise Mountain Resort, participate in other winter activities, or enjoy the day at leisure in Banff
- Depart for Golden in the afternoon
- Check into your hotel and have time at leisure for dinner and for exploring the hotel amenities
- Join your guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast (optional): learn how to make s’mores!
*Photo courtesy of ©Travel Alberta – Stevin Tuchiwsky
Golden to Vancouver
- Enjoy breakfast
- Depart Golden as we start to make our way back to Vancouver
- Stop to visit the Last Spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway in Craigellachie
- Enjoy onboard entertainment provided by your guide
- Return to Canada Place in Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
Are the lakes frozen in the Rockies during winter?
Lakes in the Rocky Mountains usually freeze in late November and remain frozen throughout winter. The specific timing can vary every year due to weather conditions, but you’ll likely see fully frozen lakes on this tour.
The itinerary stops at Emerald Lake and Lake Louise, where you can witness these beautiful lakes covered in snow and ice. This winter setting offers ideal conditions for several exciting winter activities, including ice skating and ice hockey games.
What is the weather like during Christmas in the mountains?
Winter and Christmas weather in the Canadian Rockies is typically cold, often with temperatures falling below freezing. You’ll encounter snow and ice, so it’s necessary to dress warmly and with the right winter attire. Wearing layers, thermal and waterproof clothing, a good winter jacket, durable boots, and accessories like hats and gloves is strongly recommented to ensure your comfort during your Canadian holiday adventure.
What Christmas activities does Banff offer?
Banff offers a great array of Christmas activities to make your holiday season even more magical. You can explore these festive events and experiences on the official Banff and Lake Louise Tourism website here.
From the Christmas market and beautiful light displays to cozy holiday-themed exhibits, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Banff during this season. Whether it’s ice skating, attending a concert, or simply strolling through the charming streets filled with decorations, Banff has a lot to offer for a memorable Christmas celebration!
What makes the Christmas departure of the Rockies Winter Premium tour special?
The Christmas departure of our Rockies Winter Premium tour is truly special, just like our regular winter tours. Both experiences offer a magical winter wonderland experience in the Canadian Rockies, with snow-covered landscapes and a range of exciting activities.
What sets the Christmas departure apart is the included sleigh ride, a unique experience that adds an extra touch of holiday charm. This activity is available at an additional cost on other departures of our Rockies Winter Premium tour. Additionally, the group dinner falls on Christmas day, providing an opportunity to enjoy a delightful meal while celebrating with fellow travelers.
Get on the waitlist for December 2024!
- Immerse in the Canadian Rockies, where snowy landscapes and frozen lakes create a winter wonderland
- Stay 2 nights in Banff, the heart of the Rockies, with pleanty of time to enjoy your holiday experience
- Embrace the holiday spirit with an authentic sleigh ride through a snowy wonderland
- Discover the region’s Indigenous culture with the Okanagan Indian Band’s captivating stories around
- Enjoy views of the most beautiful sights, such as the Coquihalla Highway
- Celebrate Christmas in Banff with the option to participate in winter adventures, followed by a festive dinner
- Get special rates on optional activities when you book in advance
What to Bring:
- Warm winter clothing, including layers, thermal wear, and a good winter jacket
- Comfortable waterproof boots or sturdy shoes suitable for snow and cold weather
- Hat, gloves, and a scarf
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Camera (recommended)
- Swimsuit for hotel’s amenities
- 2 pieces of ID
- Christmas Spirit!