VANCOUVER ISLAND PREMIUM
This itinerary explores the best of what Vancouver Island has to offer. Begin with a spectacular BC Ferries crossing from Vancouver to BC’s capital city of Victoria, where we spend two nights. Explore the famous Butchart Gardens and have sufficient time to explore the city at your leisure. Enjoy 3-nights in the laid back town of Tofino, the whale watching and surfing mecca of BC. The drive on the Pacific Rim Highway is stunning with views of the rugged coastline and lush rainforest. The journey continues to Northern Vancouver Island known for its rugged beauty that rewards guests with solitude, secluded beaches and glimpses of wildlife in their natural habitat.
Vancouver to Victoria
- Depart downtown Vancouver at 9:30am
- Take a scenic ferry through the Gulf Islands
- Arrive in Vancouver Island and visit the famous Butchart Gardens (admission included)
- Visit Sea Cider for a tour and enjoy a Cider Tasting
- Check-in at your centrally located hotel in downtown Victoria
- Evening at leisure to explore the city
- Enjoy a Victoria City tour this morning visiting Beacon Hill Park, Chinatown, Fan Tan Alley, Fisherman’s Wharf and Government Street
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure. You can stroll along Government Street or visit the well known Royal BC Museum. You also have the option to enjoy Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress Hotel.
Victoria to Tofino
- Early departure from your hotel and drive along the Malahat Highway where you can enjoy beautiful views over the Southern Gulf Islands
- Stop at the Malahat SkyWalk – the newest outdoor experience on Vancouver Island. Embark on a 600 metre-long elevated walkway through an expansive Arbutus and Douglas Fir forest, leading to a 10-story, architecturally-inspiring spiral tower lookout – the first of its kind in BC. Rising 250 metres above sea level, you will enjoy 360-degree views of islands, inlets, fjords, forests and mountains in two countries
- Stop in Duncan for a brief tour around the City of Totems and free time for lunch
- Arrive in Tofino in the evening and check into your hotel. Your guide will tell you about all the great onsite amenities and best places for dinner tonight.
Tofino & Pacific Rim National Park - Day 1
- Today explore Tofino and its magnificent beaches including Long Beach and option to join your guide for a hike
- Visit The Naa’Waya’Sum Coastal Indigenous Gardens (formerly the Tofino Botanical Gardens). The majority of the beautiful 10-acre site is home to coastal rainforest and its many living species. An enchanting trail system is designed to help visitors navigate through the forest and along the waterfront–also a globally recognized important bird area. Covered viewpoints and seating areas are nestled thoughtfully in various places to create opportunities for pause, reflection, and appreciation of nature’s teachings. Visitors also have the opportunity to view the art exhibit and carvers in action! In three separate locations, visitors can learn about Nuu’chah’nulth art, culture, and governance through the exhibit at the welcome centre and the totems that are being designed and carved on site. This is a rare opportunity to learn by observing and interacting with Nuu’chah’nulth master artists and knowledge holders.
- Evening at leisure
Tofino & Pacific Rim National Park - Day 2
- Today you have a full day to join an activity such as taking a boat cruise to Hot Springs Cove, kayaking, surfing, hiking through one of the many rainforest trails, or simply relaxing on the beach
- The remainder of the evening is at your leisure to explore the town of Tofino
Tofino to Campbell River
- Check out of your hotel this morning and depart Tofino, traveling back towards the east coast of Vancouver Island
- Stop at Cathedral Grove where you can take a walk around the ancient rainforest
- Arrive in Coombs Market, famously known for the goat on the rooftop and today’s stop for lunch. Here you can find fresh produce, great sandwiches and the best ice cream on the Island
- Continue your drive along the Coastal Highway 19A that has you travel through coastal communities and along beautiful landscape, stopping in Comox for dinner this evening
- Arrive in Campbell River and your hotel for the night
- Evening at leisure to explore the resort, watch the sunset and enjoy the peaceful surroundings
Northern Vancouver Island
- Morning at leisure with the option to participate in many different activities including kayaking, fishing, and whale watching (Additional Cost)
- Option to go on a full day Grizzly Bear Expedition into the Toba Valley (additional cost, available from Sept. 1 – Oct. 15)
- Visit Elk Falls Provincial Park and explore the extensive network of walking and hiking trails including Elk Falls Suspension Bridge and enjoy a walk on the elevated cantilevered viewing platform that offers an amazing view of Elk Falls
- Arrive back at your hotel and free time for dinner
Campbell River - Nanaimo - Vancouver
- Depart Campbell River in the morning
- Stop at Morningstar Farm in Parksville. Morningstar Farm is a local food hub featuring self-guided tours, a farmgate store, seasonal “calfé”, a petting farm and trails
- Stop in Nanaimo for a stroll along the Harbourfront. Don’t miss trying one of the famous Nanaimo Bars – a treat for everyone loving sweets
- Take the 3:55 pm ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- Return to downtown Vancouver at approximately 6:30 pm
Save up to CA$405 per person* on this tour (based on double occupancy). Our 2024 Early Bird promotion ends on September 30, 2023. Contact us for further assistance.
Use code EARLYBIRD for 10% off on 2024 dates!
- Explore the best of what Vancouver Island has to offer.
- Explore the famous Butchart Gardens, Malahat Skywalk
- Explore the magnificent beaches in Tofino with options to surf, kayak or relax.
- Hike secluded trails in ancient rainforest among national parks.
- Whale watching at Campbell River (optional)
- Stunning views of the rugged coastline and lush rainforest
What to Bring:
- Light jacket / windbreaker
- Hiking shoes/Comfortable shoes
- Beach Towel
- Bathing Suit
- Water bottle
- Binoculars for wildlife watching