ROCKIES & PACIFIC RIM PREMIUM
Embark on an extraordinary Canadian adventure that seamlessly blends the iconic beauty of the Rocky Mountains with the untamed wilderness of the west coast of Vancouver Island. This exclusive combo tour includes overnight stays in Revelstoke, Banff, Blue River and Vancouver, as well as in the quaint town of Ucluelet. Travel through famed highways to soak in breathtaking views of Western Canada, and explore the stunning landscapes of the National Parks in Banff, Jasper, and the Pacific Rim Reserve.
Experience the west coast’s charm on a tour package that includes admission to the Banff Gondola and a wine tasting in the Okanagan on the Rockies leg, and rountrip ferry rides from Vancouver to Vancouver Island, where the journey continues to the coastal treasures of Ucluelet and Tofino to try out authentically Canadian activities. Marvel at the transition from towering mountains to rainforests and pristine beaches, creating a fusion of diverse landscapes and unforgettable experiences.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Revelstoke
- Depart downtown Vancouver from Canada Place (please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your departure time)
- Travel through the Fraser Valley
- Stop in Kelowna for lunch
- After lunch, enjoy a wine tasting at one of the Okanagan Valley’s many wineries
- Visit Craigellachie and the Last Spike
- Check into your beautiful hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Option to relax at the hotel or to explore the historic downtown Revelstoke
Revelstoke to Banff
- Enjoy breakfast included at your hotel
- Travel through Rogers Pass this morning
- Visit Emerald Lake with the option to rent a canoe on site at an additional cost (seasonal)
- Explore beautiful Lake Louise & Moraine Lake
- Arrive in Banff and check into your centrally located hotel on Banff Avenue
- Enjoy a group dinner (included)
- Start the day off with a gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain where you will take in the magnificent views of the Rockies
- Enjoy a scenic tour around Lake Minnewanka & Two Jack Lake Loop
- Enjoy a tour of Banff townsite including Bow Falls, HooDoos, Banff Springs Hotel
- Free time for shopping and sightseeing on Banff Avenue or participate in an exciting outdoor activity for a discounted price such as horseback riding, canoeing (bow river float), hiking, e-biking, hot springs, etc
- Evening at leisure in Banff
Banff to Blue River/Valemount
- After breakfast this morning (included), travel the famous Icefields Parkway, gradually making your way towards Jasper National Park
- While touring through the Columbia Icefields, you will visit another beautiful lake and can choose to take part in the world-renowned Ice Explorer Glacier Tour (additional cost)
- Stop in the mountain town of Jasper with free time to purchase dinner
- Arrive at the beautiful Mike Wiegele cabins in Blue River*
*Please note that shoulder season tours (September 20 – October 30) will stay in a hotel in Valemount with pool and hot tub, as the Mike Wiegele Resort closes on September 19th.
Blue River/Valemount to Vancouver
- Enjoy breakfast this morning (included)
- Option to take part in the River Safari (additional cost), or relax at the cabins
- Travel to Clearwater and visit Spahats Falls, in Wells Gray Provincial Park
- Stop for lunch in Kamloops
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm, and check in to your centrally located hotel for the night
Vancouver to Ucluelet
- Enjoy breakfast, included in your hotel, and meet your guide to continue the adventure to Vancouver Island
- Depart for Horseshoe Bay and check in for the ferry to Nanaimo. Keep an eye out for wildlife as we make the crossing
- Scenic stop for lunch near Parksville
- Visit the famous Coombs Market and look up to the roof, where their resident goats live and graze!
- Arrive in a beautiful Ucluelet and check into your resort
- Evening at leisure to enjoy the nearby trails and beaches
Tofino & Pacific Rim National Park
- Enjoy breakfast at the resort
- Depart for the town of Tofino (45 minutes away from Ucluelet). Today you will have the full day to explore at leisure. You can choose to explore the town on your own, or book one of the optional activities, such as whale watching or kayaking. We highly recommend booking in advance
- Option to join your guide on a leisure walk/hike to Tonquin Beach, easily accessible from downtown Tofino
- Stop at Long Beach on your way back to Ucluelet this afternoon
- Free evening to relax at the resort
- Option to join your guide at Big Beach for a campfire & marshmallow roast, a 10-minute walk from the resort (fire ban dependent)
Ucluelet to Vancouver
- Enjoy breakfast before departing Ucluelet
- Check out of your hotel this morning and make your way to the Wild Pacific Trail: you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking views of the rugged coastline, and the working Lighthouse that marks the end of the trail
- Arrive in Nanaimo and check in for the ferry back to the Mainland
- Arrive in downtown Vancouver, Canada Place at approximately 9:00pm
What is the weather like in the Rockies and Vancouver Island during summer?
During the summer months, expect temperatures from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F) in the Canadian Rockies, with warm and pleasant days, and cooler nights, especially at higher elevations.
Vancouver Island, including Tofino and Ucluelet, experiences summer temperatures between 10°C and 20°C (50°F to 68°F). Coastal areas usually have more moderate temperatures, and Tofino is known for its wet climate, so be prepared for occasional rain showers, even in the summer months.
Please note that the weather in the mountains and the coast is very unpredictable, so we highly advise packing layered clothing for temperature variations, and waterproof options in case of light rain, to ensure you’re ready to enjoy the diverse landscapes of both the Rockies and the Island!
Am I going to see the blue lakes in the Rocky Mountains?
Lakes in the Canadian Rockies are frozen during the winter months, and start to melt in late April. Usually, you will need to wait until late June to be able to swim in them, and they’ll stay blue until October.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the lakes in the Rockies displaying the captivating shades of blue and turquoise, such as glacial and rock sediments, and the refraction of the sunlight on the water.
What is special about Tofino and Ucluelet?
The small towns of Tofino and Ucluelet are nestled on the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, and they offer a unique and captivating Canadian experience. Renowned for their untamed natural beauty, these coastal towns boast pristine beaches, ancient rainforests, and some of the world’s best surf. Tofino is specially celebrated for its vibrant arts scene and delicious seafood. Ucluelet, on the other hand, is a quieter gem with a charming harbor and picturesque landscapes.
A highlight of the region is the Wild Pacific Trail, a scenic coastal path through the lush rainforest and along the shoreline. This trail offers breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts. Whether you’re exploring the vibrant communities, indulging in optional activities, or immersing yourself in the serenity of the Wild Pacific Trail, Tofino and Ucluelet promise an unforgettable blend of coastal charm and natural wonders.
How do I book optional activities for this tour?
Discover Canada Tours offers special rates in the most popular attractions of the Canadian Rockies while on tour. To benefit from the best prices and secure your spots, we strongly advise that you book your optional activities in advance. Here’s how you can do it:
- Online: While booking on our website, you can add your optional activities before checking out, after adding your tour to the cart, and on the second step of the reservation.
- Email: After you complete your tour booking, you will receive a confirmation email with a list of optional activities that you can book by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call: Contact our office by calling the toll free number , and one of our agents will be happy to book your optional activities for you. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5:30 pm PST.
In addition to optional activities, we can also help arrange pre and post tour travel arrangements, including flights, accommodation, and travel insurance through Uniglobe Specialty Travel. Please contact our travel consultant specialist, Sepideh Sajjadi, at email@example.com.
- Sightseeing through diverse and beautiful landscapes of the Canadian Rockies & Vancouver Island
- Explore the untouched wilderness of Western Canada with many chances to see wildlife!
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly tour guide
- Have breakfast at the top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff (gondola included)
- Indulge in the coastal charming culture of Tofino and Ucluelet, surrounded by the lush rainforest
What to Bring:
- Light, waterproof layers
- Comfortable shoes for walking and hiking
- Swimsuit, flip flops and towel
- 2 pieces of ID
- Reusable water bottle
- Bug spray
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- River shoes (recommended)