Rockies NYE Classic Tour
On this tour you’ll travel over 2,000 kilometers, leaving the Province of British Columbia to Alberta, and even cross a time-zone! You will spend 1 night and day in Banff, the most famous town in the Rockies, enjoy storytelling from a First Nations cultural host (included) and have a free day to try an exciting winter activity like skiing/boarding at Lake Louise, ice walking, or you can sleep in after a big night out on the town and enjoy the shops and sights of Banff.
Photo credit: Banff & Lake Louise Tourism | Photographer Noel Hendrickson, Jake Dyson, Reuben Krabbe
December 29th, 2019 (celebrate New Year’s Eve in Golden)
December 30th, 2019 (celebrate New Year’s Eve in Banff)
- Adult (19+): from $834 based on double occupancy
- Youth (6-18): from $734 based on double occupancy
- Triple Room Reduction: -$90 per person
- Quad Room Reduction: -$135 per person
- Single Room Supplement: +$300 per person
If you are a single traveller, you have the option to share a room with your own bed at the same rate as the double occupancy or you can share a room and bed at a further reduced rate of $135.
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
- Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
- Many chances to see wildlife in nature
- Admission to the BC Wildlife Park also Included where you will see arctic wolves, coyotes, cougars, elk, bison, birds of prey, and much more!
- Get the chance to try exciting winter activities!
- Amazing glaciers & waterfalls
- Breathtaking scenery in Lake Louise, Banff & Golden
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your Canadian Tour Guide
- Wine tasting
- Have FUN!!!
4 days, 3 nights
1010 Canada Place, Vancouver
See Departure Information for more details.
- 3-nights deluxe hotel accommodation with pools & hot tubs including one night in downtown Banff.
- New Years Eve Party
- Admission to BC Wildlife Park
- Wine tasting
- 3 breakfasts
- Luxury coach transportation
- Videos, games, music and prizes
- Traditional Canadian campfire where you will roast marshmallows and learn how to make “s’mores”
- Storytelling from a First Nations Cultural Host
- Friendly Experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes and park fees
- Due to coach luggage space restrictions, Discover Canada Tours allows one (1) suitcase and one (1) small backpack per person.
- All prices quoted include tax, but exclude booking fees which will be added at checkout.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- The fun begins! Your friendly Canadian Tour Guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers. Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Enjoy a number of sights along the way including: the scenic Coquihalla Highway, Bridal Falls, and the Okanagan Valley known as Canada’s desert!
- Stop in Kamloops for lunch
- Visit BC Wildlife Park (admission included)
- Enjoy wine tasting at Monte Creek Winery
- Check-in at the beautiful Quaaout Lodge & Spa
- Enjoy entertaining storytelling around the campfire from the resort’s First Nations Cultural Host
- Breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Depart the hotel in the morning
- Drive through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Visit Roger’s Pass National Historic Site
- Explore Lake Louise! Optional ice skating (seasonal)
- Continue your drive to Banff. Once in Banff, enjoy a driving tour of the world famous town
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and try one of the many restaurants
- Enjoy the amazing nightlife in Banff
- For December 30 departure – Celebrate the New Year in a popular Banff nightclub (ticket included) and enjoy the free entertainment on Banff Ave.
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Option to participate in an exciting winter activity like snowshoeing or ice walking or skiing/snowboarding at Lake Louise Mountain or Sunshine Mountain (Please note we only recommend the skiing/snowboarding option for experienced skiers/snowboarders as the tour guide will not be with you, you will get to the ski hill via the mountain shuttle)
- If you are not participating in an activity, sleep in and meet your guide for an extended tour of Banff
- Option to soak in the Banff Hot Springs and/or take the Sulphur Mountain Gondola (additional cost)
- Depart Banff in the afternoon for Golden
- Stop at Emerald Lake (weather and time permitting)
- Check into your Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool with waterslides and hot tub
- For December 29 departure – Celebrate the New Year in a popular Golden nightclub
- Depart Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie (the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway)
- Enjoy entertainment, movies and games
- Stop at the Aberdeen Shopping mall for lunch and shopping
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
3 breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Quaaout Spa & Resort in Chase; Canalta or Elk & Ave. in Banff, Prestige Resort Golden (or similar)
The advertised prices shown are based on double occupancy. You have the option to book up to four people in a room for quad occupancy at a reduced rate. You can also upgrade your room to a single room at an additional price. All rooms have a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo.
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15 degrees!
- Passport and second piece of ID to get into the bars
- Good/comfortable & warm walking shoes
- Reusable mug & water bottle
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price.
- Banff Gondola
- Johnston Canyon Icewalk
Trips & Destinations
820-1111 Melville Street Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E3V6