The Inside Passage and Rockies tour is extraordinary. In fact, that’s why it’s part of Discover Canada Tours’ new Extraordinary Experiences collection. What are extraordinary experiences you ask? First, it’s important to say it caters to travellers that are looking for more intimate small group travel touring experience. The collection is a perfect blend of curated itineraries that explore iconic and lesser-known destinations, sites and attractions in both BC and Alberta.
One of the collection’ flagship itineraries is the Inside Passage and Rockies 11-day itinerary departing and ending in Vancouver. On this spectacular journey Discover Canada Tours leads travellers from the coastal city of Vancouver to the Rocky Mountains, Northern BC and back to the coast by cruising the famed Inside Passage from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island. Once on the island it stops in BC’s coolest coastal towns and Indigenous villages and the Capital city of Victoria to return back to Vancouver.
Let’s take a brief look at the trip’s highlights and more unique stops and attractions on the journey:
- Wine-tasting in the heart of BC’s wine region: the Okanagan. What better way to start your trip than sampling world-famous BC wineries?
- Walk along the lakefront boardwalk on Okanagan Lake
- Visit the Last Spike at Craigellachie. The site where the train lines from eastern and western Canada met to complete the route. A must-see for history and train buffs alike.
- Visit glacier-fed Lake Louise & Moraine Lake with their turquoise-green waters.
- Visit Bow Falls and the Hoodoo mountains of Banff
- Take an “E-bike and hike” tour of the Banff area or test your fear of heights on a Via Ferrata – a safe, cliff-walking experience where you are strapped into the mountainside and use pre-built steps on the mountain.
- Driving the world-renowned Icefield Parkway from Banff to Jasper. Here you’ll see stunning mountain vistas and beautiful wildlife, from bears to moose and much more. With further stops at Bow Lake and Athabasca Falls, the beauty of Canada’s wilderness’ll overwhelm you!
- Take a trip on the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer all-terrain bus!
- Hop on board a ship to cruise Maligne Lake, one of the most photographed areas in all of Canada.
As you can see, the Inside Passage and Rockies tour is indeed extraordinary. Designed for the most discerning traveller and led by some of our most experienced guides in the Canadian travel industry. For a more in-depth overview, be sure to check out our Inside Passage and Rockies tour page.