Whistler Opening Weekend Tour (from Victoria)
Travel from Victoria to experience Whistler Opening Weekend (WOW!) Extravaganza- Experience the best of Whistler all in one package. The opening weekend of the year at Whistler is always a blast. This package includes not only 2 nights accommodation in the village, but also a 2-day lift pass worth $225. The weekend’s entertainment and parties are included in the package price. And trust us, the parties are unforgettable. We can even secure discounts for you on a host of optional activities Whistler has to offer. You do not want to miss out on the best weekend of your life!
Header photo credit: Tourism Whistler | Mike Crane. Gallery photo credits: Tourism Whistler | Mike Crane, Justa Jeskova, Eric Berger
Tour Date: Nov. 29 – Dec. 1, 2019
- Adult (19+): from $599
- Youth/Student with ID: from $549
- Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride through the Gulf Islands, and sightseeing along the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Sightseeing along the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Two days to enjoy sightseeing, skiing, snowboarding, or other exciting activities at a discount like snow tubing, bungee jumping, ziplining, snowmobiling and more
- Enjoy a guided tour of Whistler Village
- Experience the festive atmosphere with special events for the Opening Weekend
- Option to dance the night away at a VIP Party Night
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide
- Have FUN!!!
3 days, 2 nights
Meet at the corner of Douglas at Broughton street in front of the church at 8 a.m.
- Shuttle from downtown Victoria to Departure Bay and return
- Ferry ride through the Gulf Islands
- Overnight accommodation at a centrally located hotel in Whistler Village
- 2-day lift ticket
- Deluxe coach transportation along the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Enroute entertainment with music, games & prizes
- Awesome Tour Guide
- Guided tour of Whistler Village
- Après discounts at Dubh Linn Gate
- VIP bar night
- Discounts on optional activities
- All taxes
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- 8 a.m: Depart from downtown Victoria via shuttle bus – Meet at the corner of Douglas at Broughton street in front of the church
- Walk on the ferry from Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay (11 a.m. sailing)
- Meet your guide at Horseshoe Bay and board the tour bus to Whistler
- Join your guide for a tour of Whistler Village and the Olympic points of interest
- Check-in to your hotel
- Experience all the festival has to offer with free entertainment and parties!
- 8:00 am: Meet your guide in the lobby to depart for skiing/boarding
- 3:30 pm: Option to meet your guide and friends at the Dubh Linn Gate to experience the Apres Ski scene. Receive discounts with your green tour wristband
- 9:30 pm: Option to meet your tour guide for an amazing VIP nightclub experience!
- Enjoy another full day of skiing or option to participate in other exciting activities
- Take the 6:35 p.m. ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay
- Return to downtown Victoria at approximately 10 p.m.*
*(Please note that we can not control traffic / road conditions and there is a possibility you may miss this ferry time due to unforeseen traffic / road conditions, in which case you will need to wait for the next scheduled ferry)
Your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences, as well as where to get VIP discounts on food with your green DCT wristband. The hotel suites also have full kitchens so there is an option to bring/prepare your own food on this tour.
Stay at the centrally located Whistler Pinnacle lodge with 2 queen beds and an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. You can upgrade your room type to double occupancy, single occupancy or to have your own bed in a room with three people for an additional cost.
- Swimsuit for the hot tub
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15 degrees! If you don’t have clothes, you can rent it from us
- 2 pieces of ID to get into the bar (we recommend original passport & credit card/driver’s license)
- A medical insurance card. This is not mandatory but recommended. If you require insurance, you can purchase it through us. For more information, please call our office at 604-689-8128.
We offer a variety of exciting activity and attraction options at discounted rates. We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. Also, the price for activities will be slightly higher if booked on tour.
- Learn to Ski / Snowboard lesson package
- Ski / Snowboard equipment rentals
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola
- Squamish Lil’Wat Cultural Centre
- ZipTrek Zipline Adventure
- Bungee Jumping