Whistler Opening Weekend Tour (from Victoria)
Travel from Victoria to experience the Whistler Opening Weekend Extravaganza – This is the best offer of the year with 2-nights village hotel accommodation 2-day lift tickets and more inclusions. The official Opening Weekend in Whistler features free live entertainment, great parties and more! Don’t miss out on this limited-edition tour that is only available one weekend every year!
Header photo credit: Tourism Whistler | Mike Crane. Gallery photo credits: Tourism Whistler | Mike Crane, Justa Jeskova, Eric Berger
- Tour Date: November 23 – 25, 2018
- From $534
- Duration: 3 Days, 2 Nights
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride through the Gulf Islands, and sightseeing along the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Three days to enjoy sightseeing, skiing, snowboarding, or other exciting activities at a discount like snowtubing, bungee jumping, ziplining, snowmobiling and more
- Enjoy a guided tour of Whistler Village
- Experience the festive atmosphere with special events for the Opening Weekend
- Option to dance the night away at a VIP Party Night
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly and knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Have FUN!!!
3 Days, 2 Nights
Meet at the corner of Douglas at Broughton street in front of the church at 8:00am
- Shuttle from downtown Victoria to Departure Bay and return
- Ferry ride through the Gulf Islands
- Deluxe coach transportation from Horseshoe Bay to Whistler and return, with on-board entertainment
- 2-nights accommodation at a centrally located hotel with pool and in-suite jacuzzis in Whistler Village
- 2-day Lift Tickets OR 1-day Learn to Ski Package (with lift ticket, full day beginner lesson, and equipment rentals)
- Assistance with arranging all rentals and lessons
- Guided tour of Whistler Village
- Great discounts on optional activities
- Aprés discounts at Longhorn Saloon
- VIP party night
- Friendly, experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All ferry fees and taxes
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- 8:00am: Depart from downtown Victoria via shuttle bus – Meet at the corner of Douglas at Broughton street in front of the church
- Walk on the ferry from Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay (10:40am sailing)
- Meet your guide at Horseshoe Bay and board the tour bus to Whistler
- Join your guide for a tour of Whistler Village and the Olympic points of interest
- Check-in to your hotel
- Evening free at leisure to enjoy Whistler’s vibrant nightlife including all of the free opening weekend entertainment and events
- 8:00am: Meet your guide in the lobby to depart for skiing/boarding
- 3:30pm: Option to meet your guide and friends at the Longhorn Saloon to experience the Après Ski scene.
- Receive discounts with your green tour wrist band
- 9:30pm: Option to meet your tour guide for an amazing VIP nightclub experience!
- Enjoy another full day of skiing or option to participate in other exciting activities
- Take the 6:35pm ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay
- Return to downtown Victoria at approximately 10:00pm*
*(Please note that we can not control traffic / road conditions and there is a possibility you may miss this ferry time due to unforeseen traffic / road conditions, in which case you will need to wait for the next scheduled ferry)
Your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences, as well as where to get VIP discounts on food with your green DCT wristband. The hotel suites also have full kitchens so there is an option to bring/prepare your own food on this tour.
Stay at the centrally located Whistler Pinnacle lodge with 2 queen beds, an outdoor swimming pool, and in-suite jacuzzis. Each room has a full kitchen and private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. For an additional cost, you can upgrade your room type to a private single, double, triple or quad occupancy or to have your own bed in a shared room with three people.
- What to Bring
- Swimsuit for the pool and jacuzzi
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket. Temperatures can actually drop below -15°C. If you don’t have winter clothes, you can rent some from us at the time of booking.
- Good / comfortable & warm walking shoes or boots
- 2 pieces of ID to get into the bars (we recommend original passport & credit card / driver’s license)
- Optional Activities
The tour price includes either 2-day lift tickets OR 1-day Learn to Ski / Ride package (including lift ticket, equipment rentals and full day beginner lesson). You must select which option you prefer at the time of booking the tour. If you choose the equipment rentals you must also include your shoe size, weight and height. If you have never skied / snowboarded before it is mandatory to purchase the Learn to Package, you won’t regret it!
We offer a variety of exciting activity and attraction options at discounted rates. Some activities are only available during winter or summer seasons. We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities are limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price. Please note that these prices are based on advance bookings, the price will be more if booked on tour.
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola
- Squamish Lil’Wat Cultural Centre
- ZipTrek Zipline Adventure
- Bungee Jumping
- Bike Rental
- Snowmobile tour
- Dogsled tour
- Snowshoe tour
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing Rental options