Rockies NYE Ski Tour
Ring in the New Year the best way possible: flying down the beautiful Rocky Mountains knee-deep in snow with skis on your feet! Once you’re done skiing or sightseeing, count down to 2020 in the town of Banff, a Canadian snow-globe paradise.
Photo credit: Banff & Lake Louise Tourism | Photographer Noel Hendrickson, Jake Dyson, Reuben Krabbe
- Tour Date: December 30 – January 2, 2019
- Adult (18+): from $569
- Youth/Student with ID: from $499
- Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
- Stay overnight in two different ski resort towns: Banff and Golden
- Stop at Roger’s Pass – one of the great mountain crossings in the province
- Tour through Yoho & Glacier National Parks
- Experience the famous Lake Louise – option to go ice skating on Lake Louise (seasonal)
- Option to ski or snowboard for one or two days at the award winning Lake Louise Ski resort or Sunshine Mountain Resort
- Enjoy a guided tour of Banff National Park and free time for shopping and sightseeing in the town of Banff
- Dance the night away at one of the many night clubs
- Enjoy a traditional Canadian campfire and marshmallow roast
4 days, 3 nights
1010 Canada Place, Vancouver
See Departure Information for more details.
- 3-nights hotel accommodation in Banff and Golden
- 3 breakfasts
- New Years Eve party in Banff!
- Deluxe coach transportation, games, entertainment and prizes
- Entrance to the best night clubs
- Park passes
- Bonfire & marshmallow roast
- Friendly Experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes and park fees
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- 7:15am – Depart Vancouver from Canada Place (please arrive at 7:00am)
- The fun begins! Your friendly and experienced tour guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers.
- Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Drive through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Check into the hotel in Golden and enjoy a campfire & marshmallow roast
- Option to go out for a night of dancing at the local pub
- Breakfast (included)
- After breakfast depart hotel
- Option to ski today at Lake Louise Mountain Resort or continue with the sightseeing tour
- Arrive at the world renowned Lake Louise and visit Chateau Lake Louise with the option to go ice skating, play hockey or go on a sleigh ride! (seasonal)
- Drive to Banff and enjoy a city tour including Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls, Surprise Corner, and Banff Ave.
- Check into your centrally located Banff hotel
- Celebrate the New Year in a popular Banff nightclub (ticket included) and enjoy the free entertainment on Banff Ave.
- Breakfast (included)
- Option to go on the Banff Gondola
- Skiers and Snowboarders depart for Lake Louise Mountain Resort or Sunshine Mountain.
- For those not skiing/snowboarding, check out of the hotel and join your guide for an extended tour of Banff. You also have the option to participate in another exciting winter activity like snowshoeing, ice walking, and more!
- Afternoon: depart Banff and make your way to Golden!
- Stop in Emerald Lake (weather and time permitting)
- Free time to have dinner, and enjoy the pool, waterslide and hot tub
- After dinner join your guide for an end of tour party including a campfire & marshmallow roast!
- Depart Golden after breakfast
- Stop at Craigellachie (the Last Spike of the Canadian Railway) and learn about its importance in the Canadian history
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
3 breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Travelodge in Golden; Voyager in Banff, Travelodge in Golden (or similar)
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. You can upgrade your room type to double occupancy, single occupancy or to have your own bed in a room with three people for an additional cost.
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15 degrees! If you don’t have clothes, you can rent them from us to use for the entire duration of the tour.
- 2 pieces of ID to get into the bar (we recommend original passport & credit card / driver’s license)
- Good / comfortable & warm walking shoes or boots
- Reusable mug & water bottle
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price.
- Banff Gondola
- Skiing or snowboarding at Lake Louise Ski Resort
- Johnston Canyon Icewalk