Rockies Winter Explorer Tour
On this tour you’ll travel over 2,000 kilometers, leaving the Province of British Columbia to Alberta, and even cross a time-zone! You will spend 1 night and day in Banff, the most famous town in the Rockies, enjoy sledding/tobogganing at Two Jack Lake and Lake Minnewanka!
- Adult (19+): from $499
- Youth/Student with ID: from $419
- Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
- Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
- Many chances to see wildlife in nature
- Sledding/tobogganing at Two Jack Lake and Lake Minnewanka
- Get the chance to try exciting winter activities!
- Amazing glaciers & waterfalls
- Breathtaking scenery in Lake Louise, Banff & Golden
- Have FUN!!!
4 days, 3 nights
1010 Canada Place, Vancouver
See Departure Information for more details.
- 3-nights hotel accommodation including 1-night in Banff.
- 3 breakfasts
- Coach transportation
- Experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- Two traditional Canadian Bonfire Parties where you will roast marshmallows and learn how to make “s’mores”
- Nightclub entrance
- Discounts on optional activities
- Tons of amazing sightseeing
- All taxes and park fees
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- 07:15 am – Depart Vancouver from Canada Place (please arrive by 7:00 am)
- The fun begins! Your friendly Tour Guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers. Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Hope – where the original Rambo First Blood movie was filmed
- Scenic Coquihalla Highway made famous for its winter conditions
- Lunch stop in Kamloops, our province’s desert!
- Check-in at the Travelodge in Golden
- Enjoy entertaining storytelling around the campfire or the hot tub at the hotel
- Breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Go sledding/tobogganing at Two Jack Lake and Lake Minnewanka
- Visit world famous Lake Louise. Optional ice skating (seasonal)
- Continue your drive to Banff. Once in Banff, enjoy a driving tour of the world famous most visited towns in Canada
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Option to soak in the Banff Hot Springs and/or take the Sulphur Mountain Gondola (additional cost)
- Free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and try one of the many restaurants
- Option to join your guide for a night out dancing! (18+ only with 2 pieces of valid ID)
- Grab breakfast to-go (included)
- Depart in the morning for optional skiing / snowboarding for the day at Lake Louise Mountain Resort (Please, note we only recommend the skiing/snowboarding option for experienced skiers/snowboarders as the tour guide will not be with you. You will get to the ski hill via the mountain shuttle – own expenses)
- For those not skiing: Option to participate in an exciting winter activity like snowshoeing or ice walking
- If you are not participating in an activity, sleep in and enjoy a free morning in Banff
- Depart Banff in the afternoon for Golden
- Explore Emerald Lake – Challenge yourself to a Polar Roll and get points towards becoming a true Canadian!
- Check into your Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool with waterslides and hot tub
- Option to visit the local hot spot for an end of tour party!
- Depart Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie (the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway)
- Stop at the Aberdeen Shopping mall for lunch and shopping
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 6:30pm
3 breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you a list with a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Travelodge in Golden (1st and 3rd night) and YWCA in Banff (or similar)
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. You can upgrade your room type to double occupancy, single occupancy or to have your own bed in a room with three people for an additional cost.
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15 degrees!
- Passport and second piece of ID to get into the bars
- Good/comfortable & warm walking shoes
- Reusable mug & water bottle
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price.
- Banff Gondola Adult
- Johnston Canyon Icewalk