Rockies Premium Tour
This premium tour provides a unique and truly authentic Canadian experience. You will travel through three major mountain ranges, cross into two provinces and even experience a time zone change. This adventure is the ultimate way for you to experience the iconic Rocky Mountains.
You will have overnight stays at the beautiful Sutton Place Hotel in Revelstoke, the newly renovated Mount Royal Hotel on Banff Avenue and the Mike Wiegele Cabins in Blue River. In the shoulder season, Mike Wiegele Cabins is closed. During this season you will stay in the quaint town of Valemont.
You will have the opportunity to experience Canada’s desert area, the Okanagan Valley. This region is renowned for its wine farms and fruit farms. You will travel through some of the most imposing and breathtaking mountain vistas and get to visit the legendary turquoise glacial lakes. This including Lake Louise, the most photographed lake in the world. One of the highlights of the adventure is your stop at the Columbia Icefields, where you will have the opportunity to walk on a glacier for an additional fee. This experience makes you realize just how fragile our planet is. Finally, you will get to visit one of the locations where one of the greatest movies of all time was filmed; Rocky First Blood. The town of hope also hosts the stunning Othello Tunnels. This region is rich in history.
We offer two Premium Adventures. Our first tour, which runs more regularly, is based on a group size of up to 34 guests. This tour, due to fewer people, is a little more intimate. You will travel in a luxurious coach and will have less time waiting at each destination. Our second tour is based on 54 guests. This tour runs at a discounted price, and there are four departures during the summer.
Photo Credit: @paulbessonpanorama (Discover Canada Tours Staff)
Regular Tour (A group size of up to 34 guests)
- Adult (19+): from $1,799 on double occupancy
- Youth (6-18): from $1,499 on double occupancy
- The minimum age for this tour is 6 years old
Discounted Tour (A group size of up to 54 guests)
- Adult (19+): from $1,549 on double occupancy
- Youth (6-18): from $1,349 on double occupancy
- The minimum age for this tour is 6 years old
- Triple Room Reduction: -$200 per person
- Quad Room Reduction: -$300 per person
- Single Room Supplement: +$750 per person
Duration: 5 days, 4 nights
5 days, 4 nights
1010 Canada Place, Vancouver
See Departure Information for more details.
- 4 night’s accommodation including 2 nights right in the town of Banff
- Deluxe coach transportation
- Experienced, friendly and fun tour guide
- Daily breakfast including 1 breakfast at the top of Sulphur Mountain Gondola with stunning views
- 1 dinner
- Admission to Sulphur Mountain Gondola
- Winery tour and tasting
- Traditional campfire where you will roast marshmallows & learn how to make “s’mores” (weather and fire restriction dependant)
- All taxes and park passes
- Due to coach luggage space restrictions, Discover Canada Tours allows one (1) suitcase and one (1) small backpack per person.
- All prices quoted include tax, but exclude booking fees which will be added at checkout.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
Day 1 – Vancouver to Blue River
- Depart downtown Vancouver at 9:00am (please arrive by 8:45am)
- Travel through the Fraser Valley and the Okanagan Valley
- Visit Spahats Falls in Clearwater
- Check into the beautiful log cabins at Mike Wiegele heli-skiing resort
- Option to go for an evening canoe or refreshing swim in the lake.
- End the day with a campfire and marshmallow roast next to the lake (weather and fire ban dependant)
Day 2 – Blue River through Jasper National Park to Banff
- Breakfast in the hotel (included)
- Sightseeing stop at Mt. Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies
- Stop in the town of Jasper
- Travel the Icefields Parkway and enjoy sightseeing along the way
- Stop at the Columbia Icefields with the option to join the World Renowned Glacier Adventure (additional cost)
- Visit Bow Lake
- Arrive in Banff and check into your centrally located hotel on Banff Avenue
- Free time for shopping, sightseeing and dinner on Banff Avenue
- Option to join your guide for a party at the country western bar!
Day 3 – Free day in Banff
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Enjoy a tour of Banff townsite including Bow Falls, HooDoos, Banff Springs Hotel
- Enjoy a wildlife tour around the scenic Lake Minnewanka
- Free time for shopping and sightseeing on Banff Avenue or participate in an exciting outdoor activity for a discounted price such as horseback riding, whitewater rafting, canoeing, hiking, caving, hot springs, etc!
- Evening at leisure in Banff
Day 4 – Banff to Revelstoke
- Start the day off with a gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain Gondola where you will take in the magnificent views of the Rockies while enjoying your breakfast buffet
- Explore beautiful Lake Louise & Moraine Lake
- Leisure time at Emerald Lake with the option to rent a canoe (seasonal)
- Check into the beautiful Sutton Place hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Enjoy the resort amenities and free time to explore historic downtown Revelstoke and have dinner
Day 5 – Revelstoke to Vancouver
- Enjoy breakfast at your hotel
- Visit Craigellachie and the Last Spike
- Travel through the Okanagan Valley with a stop in Kelowna for lunch
- Visit a cidery and winery – tastings included
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
4 breakfasts and 1 dinner are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
The advertised prices shown are based on double occupancy. You have the option to book up to four people in a room for quad occupancy at a reduced rate. You can also upgrade your room to a single room at an additional price. All rooms have a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo.
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- 2 pieces of ID for the night out (we recommend original passport & credit card / driver’s license)
- Good / comfortable walking shoes or boots
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price.
- Glacier Adventure
- Horseback Riding in Banff
- Via Ferrata in Banff
- Whitewater rafting in Canmore
Trips & Destinations
820-1111 Melville Street Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E3V6