Rockies New Year's Ski & Ride Trip
An epic ski & snowboard trip to celebrate New Years Eve and ring in 2019. Stay overnight in Golden and Banff with the option to experience two days of skiing or snowboarding in the heart of the Rockies. Celebrate New Year’s Eve in the famous Rockies town of Banff with free entertainment and their annual New Year’s Eve celebration event!
Header & Gallery photos 2 – 3 credit: Banff & Lake Louise Tourism | Reuben Krabbe
- Adult (19+): from $529
- Youth/Student with ID: from $449
- Duration: 4 Days, 3 Nights
- Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
- Stay overnight in two different ski resort towns: Banff and Golden
- Many chances to see wildlife (deer, elk, bighorn sheep & more!)
- Get the chance to try exciting winter activities!
- Amazing glaciers & waterfalls
- Breathtaking scenery in Lake Louise, Banff & Golden
- Experience the famous Lake Louise – option to go ice skating on Lake Louise (seasonal)
- Option to ski or snowboard for one or two days at the famous Lake Louise Ski Resort
- Enjoy a guided tour and free time for shopping and sightseeing in the town of Banff, plus option to visit the Banff Hot Springs
- Enjoy New Year’s Eve Festivities in the famous Rockies town of Banff!
- Enjoy a traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly and knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Have FUN!!!
4 Days, 3 Nights
999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- 3-nights hotel accommodation with pools & hot tubs including one night in downtown Banff.
- 3 breakfasts
- Discounts on optional activities
- Traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores
- Deluxe coach transportation with on-board entertainment
- Friendly, experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes and park fees
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place
- The fun begins! Your friendly and experienced tour guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers.
- Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Drive through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Check into the hotel in Golden and have the option to join your guide for a pub night
- Breakfast (included)
- After breakfast depart hotel
- Option to ski today at Lake Louise Ski Resort or continue with the sightseeing tour
- Arrive at the world renowned Lake Louise and visit Chateau Lake Louise with the option to go ice skating and/or play hockey! (seasonal)
- Drive to Banff and enjoy a city tour
- Check into your centrally located Banff hotel
- Enjoy the free New Years Eve festivities on Banff Ave with their annual New Year’s Eve celebration events
- Option to go to a bar or club for NYE celebrations (18+ only with 2 pieces of valid ID; admission is an extra cost)
- Breakfast (included)
- Option to go on the Banff Gondola
- Skiers and Snowboarders who booked this optional activity depart for Lake Louise Mountain Resort. There is also the option for non-skiers to take the Lake Louise Sightseeing Gondola for amazing views of the surrounding mountains.
- For those not skiing/snowboarding, check out of the hotel and join your guide for an extended tour of Banff. You also have the option to participate in another exciting winter activity like snowshoeing, ice walking, and more!
- Afternoon: depart Banff and make your way to Golden!
- Stop in Emerald Lake (weather and time permitting)
- Free time to have dinner, and enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub
- After dinner join your guide for an end of tour party including a campfire & marshmallow roast!
- Depart Golden after breakfast
- Stop at Craigellachie (the Last Spike of the Canadian Railway) and learn about its importance in the Canadian history
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 8:00pm
3 breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you recommendations for many different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. For an additional cost, you can upgrade your room type to a private single, double, triple or quad occupancy or to have your own bed in a shared room with three people.
- What to Bring
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15°C. If you don’t have clothes, you can rent it from us to use for the entire duration of the tour.
- 2 pieces of ID to get into the bar (we recommend original passport & credit card / driver’s license)
- Good / comfortable & warm walking shoes or boots
- Optional Activities
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities are limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price. Please note that these prices are based on advance bookings, the price will be more if booked on tour.
- Sulphur Mountain (Banff) Gondola
- Johnston Canyon Ice Walk
- Lake Louise: beginner skiing or snowboarding packages (lesson, lift ticket & equipment rental)
- Lift Tickets
- Ski / Snowboard Equipment Rentals
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing Rental options
There’s big perks to being part of a group. If you have a group of 10 or more, each person can receive a discounted price. We also offer group organizer incentives. If you are interested in booking a custom ski or snowboard group trip, we can do it for you! Submit a Group Booking request to get started.