Rockies Winter Classic Tour
On this tour you’ll travel over 2,000 kilometers, leaving the Province of British Columbia to Alberta and even cross a time-zone! You will spend one night and one day in Banff, the most famous town in the Rockies. You will have the opportunity to go on guided walk with a First Nations cultural host through a winter wonderland (included). You will also have a free day to try an exciting winter activity, sleep in after a big night out on the town or enjoy the local shops and sights of Banff.
- Adult (18+): from $500
- Youth/Student with ID: from $419
- Duration: 4 Days, 3 Nights
- Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
- Many chances to see wildlife (deer, elk, bighorn sheep & more!)
- Get the chance to try exciting winter activities!
- Amazing glaciers & waterfalls
- Breathtaking scenery in Lake Louise, Banff & Golden
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your Canadian Tour Guide
- Have FUN!!!
4 Days, 3 Nights
999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- 3-nights hotel accommodation with pools & hot tubs including one night in downtown Banff.
- Wine tasting
- 3 breakfasts
- Luxury coach transportation
- Videos, games, music and prizes
- Traditional Canadian campfire, roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores
- Guided hike led by a First Nations Cultural Host
- Friendly Experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes and park fees
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions.
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place (please arrive 15 minutes early)
- The fun begins! Your friendly Canadian Tour Guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers. Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Enjoy a number of sights along the way including: the scenic Coquihalla Highway, Bridal Falls, and the Okanagan Valley known as Canada’s desert!
- Stop in Kamloops for lunch
- Enjoy a wine tour and tasting at Montey Creek Winery
- Check-in at the beautiful Quaaout Lodge & Spa
- Enjoy a scenic hike / walk (included – weather permitting). The resort’s First Nations Cultural Host will greet the group and take everyone on a tour of the property while telling entertaining stories and legends
- After settling in to your room, option to relax in the hot tub or swim in the indoor pool. Then join your guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast (weather permitting)!
- Breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Depart the hotel in the morning
- Drive through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Visit Roger’s Pass National Historic Site
- Explore Lake Louise! Optional ice skating (seasonal)
- Continue your drive to Banff. Once in Banff, enjoy a driving tour of the world famous town
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and try one of the many restaurants
- Option to join your guide for a night out dancing! (18+ only with 2 pieces of valid ID)
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Option to participate in an exciting winter activity like snowshoeing or ice walking or skiing/snowboarding at Lake Louise Mountain or Sunshine Mountain (Please note we only recommend the skiing/snowboarding option for experienced skiers/snowboarders as the tour guide will not be with you, you will get to the ski hill via the mountain shuttle)
- If you are not participating in an activity, sleep in and meet your guide for an extended tour of Banff
- Option to soak in the Banff Hot Springs and/or take the Sulphur Mountain Gondola (additional cost)
- Depart Banff in the afternoon for Golden
- Stop at Emerald Lake (weather and time permitting)
- Check into your Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool with waterslides and hot tub
- Option to visit the local hot spot for an end of tour party!
- Depart Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie (the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway)
- Enjoy entertainment, movies and games
- Stop at the Aberdeen Shopping mall for lunch and shopping
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
3 breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you a list with a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. For an additional cost, you can upgrade your room type to a private single, double, triple or quad occupancy or to have your own bed in a shared room with three people.
- What to Bring
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket. Temperatures can actually drop below -15° Celcius!
- Passport and second piece of ID to get into the bars
- Good/comfortable & warm walking shoes
- Optional Activities
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities are limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price. Please note that these prices are based on advance bookings, the price will be more if booked on tour.
- Sulphur Mountain Gondola
- Johnston Canyon Ice Walk
- Sleigh Ride
- Ice Skating