Rockies Summer Classic Tour
The Canadian Rocky Mountains; nothing is more iconic of our great country than these mountains. This is the original and most popular tours that Discover Canada Tours began with. You will have overnight stays in Revelstoke, the Town of Banff, and Valemount. These three towns epitomize the landscapes and cultures of three distinct areas of Western Canada.
The Classic Tour includes amazing sightseeing stops in the Okanagan Valley, the grandeur of the Selkirk Mountains and the imposing peaks of the Rocky Mountains. You will also have the chance to visit the gorgeous turquoise glacial lakes of the Rockies, including one of the most photographed lakes in the world, Lake Louise.
We also offer two amazing optional activities. You can have the chance to walk on a glacier at the Columbia Icefields. This is a once in a lifetime experience that makes you realize just how fragile our planet is. You can also choose to take a gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain in Banff. At the top, you will be treated to 360-degree panoramas of the Rocky Mountains and a fantastic view over the Town of Banff and the gorgeous turquoise Bow River.
The primary difference between the Classic and Classic Plus Tours is that on this adventure, you will have quad occupancy accommodation and have fewer meal options than the Classic Plus Tour. Trust us when we say, this is the quintessential adventure that every traveller to Canada should make.
All prices are quoted at quad occupancy. There is a supplement if you wish to upgrade to a single, double or triple occupancy room.
- Adult (19+): from $669
- Youth/Student with ID: from $569
- Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
4 days, 3 nights
1010 Canada Place, Vancouver
See Departure Information for more details.
- Three nights hotel accommodation including one night in downtown Banff
- Three breakfasts (continental or bagged) & one group dinner
- Cowboy Ranch Experience
- Travel through Canada’s desert – The Okanagan Valley
- Traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores! (weather and fire restrictions permitting)
- Upmarket full-size highway coach transportation with onboard entertainment
- Experienced, friendly and fun tour guide
- All taxes and park fees
- Due to coach luggage space restrictions, Discover Canada Tours allows one (1) suitcase and one (1) small backpack per person.
- All prices quoted include tax, but exclude booking fees which will be added at checkout.
Please note: This itinerary is sometimes in reverse order (Valemount – Banff – Revelstoke) but the hotels, sightseeing highlights and inclusions are the same. It is also subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
Day 1: Vancouver to Revelstoke
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place at 8:00 am
- Enjoy incredible sights travelling through the Fraser Valley
- Travel through the Okanagan Valley – Canada’s desert with a lunch stop in Kelowna
- Check-in to your hotel in Revelstoke & join your guide for an optional party in the hotel pub this evening!
Day 2: Revelstoke to Banff
- After a continental breakfast at your hotel, depart Revelstoke in the morning
- Stop at Roger’s Pass en-route to one of the most famous Lakes in the world – the beautiful, turquoise Lake Louise!
- Visit Moraine Lake or Emerald Lake this afternoon for more photo opportunities and have the option to go canoeing
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour in the town of Banff – among the highlights are visits to Banff Ave, Bow Falls and Banff Springs Hotel
- Option to visit Sulphur Mountain Gondola this afternoon for amazing views!
- Check into your hotel on Banff Avenue & enjoy free time for dinner and shopping or option to go to the Banff Hot Springs!
- Option to join your guide for a party at the bar – enjoy VIP entrance with your DCT wrist band
Day 3: Banff to Valemount, BC
- After breakfast, travel the world-renowned Icefields Parkway
- Visit Bow Lake & then tour through the Columbia Icefields. Choose to take part in the world-renowned Ice Explorer Glacier Tour here (additional cost)
- Stop in the famous town of Jasper
- Visit a real cowboy ranch for dinner, a bonfire and marshmallow roast, ranch games, and line dancing!
- Check in to your hotel in Valemount this evening
Day 4: Valemount to Vancouver
- Visit the gorgeous Spahats Falls
- Wine tasting at Monte Creek (time to have a picnic lunch here)
- Stop at Othello Tunnels, famous for its austere film history
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30 p.m.
3 breakfasts and 1 dinner are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. For an additional cost, you can upgrade your room type to a private single, double, triple or quad occupancy or to have your own bed in a shared room with three people.
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- 2 pieces of ID for the night out (we recommend original passport & credit card / driver’s license)
- Good / comfortable walking shoes or boots
We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price. Please note that these prices are based on advance bookings, the price will be more if booked on tour.
- Sulphur Mountain (Banff) Gondola
- Ice Explorer (SnoCoach) Glacier Tour
- Gondola & Snocoach Combo
Trips & Destinations
820-1111 Melville Street Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E3V6