Mt. Washington Ski and Snowboard Trip (From Victoria)
Perfect for beginner or advanced skiers, Mt Washington is just three hours from Victoria. Your guide will help you get set up with your rental equipment and lesson (optional), then you’ll have the afternoon and evening to ski or board at this amazing mountain resort! Finish the day with the unique experience of night skiing, then join your guide and friends for an apres-ski party, or just soak your tired muscles in the hotel’s hot tub and pool. This tour also includes sightseeing stops at Chemainus and Coombs, and offers rental clothing for those that need it (extra cost).
- Adult (19+): from $325
- Youth/Student with ID: from $295
- Duration: 2 days, 1 night
- Inclusive ski weekend for a great low price
- Ski or snowboard at Vancouver Island’s #1 mountain resort
- Affordable lessons available for first-time skiers or boarders
- Après Ski party with you new friends Saturday night!
2 days, 1 night
Douglas at Broughton Streets in downtown Victoria
- Ski or snowboard lift pass
- Ski or snowboard rental equipment, including boots and poles
- Round-trip transportation
- Hotel accommodation in Courtney with hot tub and pool
- Après Ski Pub Night (19+ with ID)
- Sightseeing stops at Chemainus Village and Coombs Market or Woodgrove Mall (when Coombs is closed)
- Awesome guide and prizes
- Essential Info
The mountain is VERY cold. Temperatures are typically zero degrees or colder! It is your responsibility to bring appropriate clothing. If you do not have it, you need to borrow, rent or buy it BEFORE the trip. We offer rental clothing on a first come, first served basis – please pre-book before the tour.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
SATURDAY- Victoria to Mt Washington
9 a.m.– Meet at Douglas and Broughton in front of the church. Depart Victoria
10:30 a.m. – Arrive at Chemainus. Free time for exploring and taking pictures with the famous murals
11:15 a.m.– Depart Chemainus
1:30 p.m. – Arrive at Mount Washington. Free time for lunch, souvenir shopping, playing in the snow
2:15 p.m. – Meet your guide and pick up equipment as a group. If you are taking a lesson: you must be ready with all your equipment on before 3 p.m. If you aren’t taking a lesson, your pass will become active at 3:30 p.m.
3 – 9 p.m. – Time to ski! Take a break anytime for a snack or dinner
9:15 p.m. – Depart the mountain and head to the hotel
9:45pm – Check into the hotel. Free time for pool/hot tub (open until 11 p.m.)
10:30 p.m. – After-ski pub night party (ages 19+). Underage passengers can enjoy the games room or pool
Sunday – Courtenay to Victoria
9:30 a.m. – Wake up call. Option to buy your own breakfast at hotel, supermarket or nearby cafe
10:30 a.m. – Depart hotel. Please return all dried ski clothing to your guide.
11:45 a.m. – Arrive at Coombs Country Market. Time for lunch, shopping and taking pictures. (If Coombs is closed we will make an alternate stop)
1:15 p.m. – Depart Coombs Market.
3:30 p.m. – Arrive in Victoria
Your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. For an additional cost, you can upgrade your room type to a private single, double, triple or quad occupancy or to have your own bed in a shared room with three people.
- What to Bring
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- Waterproof or water resistant pants and jacket (Available to rent)
- Warm sweater or two
- Leggings or athletic pants to wear under your snow pants
- 2 or 3 pairs of warm socks
- Waterproof mittens or gloves (Available to rent)
- Winter hat and scarf
- Extra clothes in case yours get wet
- Goggles (Available to rent)
- Loonie ($1 coin) for lockers at the mountain
- 2 pieces of ID to get into the bar (we recommend original passport & credit card / driver’s license)
It’s a good idea to bring a small bag for your ski clothes, so you can keep the rest of your belongings on the bus and only take what you need.
*Advanced skiers please note: A limited number of intermediate/advanced runs will be open during this time.
- Optional Add-ons
- Beginner ski or snowboard lesson (add $30)
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing Rental options