INSIDE PASSAGE & NORTHERN BC EXPLORER
This circle tour is one of the longest and most diverse itineraries. Discover Northern BC and its rolling hills, ranchland, rugged forests and snow-capped mountains. The journey leads to the historic town of Prince George and the harbour town of Prince Rupert, where begins the spectacular Inside Passage crossing to Port Hardy. We explore fishing villages and Indigenous sites before staying in the seaside town of Parksville. The last leg of the trip is on onboard BC Ferries back to the mainland and finally Vancouver.
Vancouver to Kelowna
- Depart from Canada Place.
- As you leave Vancouver enjoy some sightseeing stops including Othello Tunnels, Okanagan Valley and stay overnight in downtown Kelowna.
Kelowna to Blue River
- Travel northeast through the Thompson Okanagan and Wells Gray Park.
- Clearwater is a great stop for dinner this evening before making your way to Blue River.
- Check into the lodge and enjoy an even walk around the lake.
Blue River to Prince George
- Drive to the Northern City of Prince George.
- Option to stop at a few sightseeing stops along the way including Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rocky Mountains and Ancient Forest/Chun T’oh Whudujut Provincial Park.
Prince George to Smithers
- Stay in the beautiful town of Smithers set against the backdrop of Hudson Bay Mountain, often referred to as a “skiers paradise’ or ‘little Switzerland’ in the winter.
- In the summer you’ll find warm & welcoming community offering an abundance of activities for those seeking outdoor adventure on the mountain or nearby lakes.
Smithers to Prince Rupert
- Travel toward the Coastal Mountains and the Skeena River which you will follow into the town of Prince Rupert.
- Today time to explore this quaint town and visit the Museum of Northern BC.
- Partake in an optional activity such as Whale Watching. Prince Rupert is one of the best places to see Grey Whales.
Prince Rupert to Port Hardy via the Inside Passage
- Sure to be a highlight of the tour as you cruise through pristine waters of the Inside Passage.
- Be sure to pack your binoculars to view all kinds of wildlife.
Port Hardy to Campbell River
- Today will take you to Campbell River.
- Travel to Port McNeill and Telegraph Cove.
- Stroll the boardwalk through Campbell River, a stunning seaside village.
Campbell River to Parksville
- Travel the scenic Island Highway along the coastline, stopping in the Comox Valley.
- As you near Parksville you may wish to stop at Coombs Market
Parksville to Vancouver
- Return to Vancouver at your leisure via the Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay Ferry.
- Reservations can be included for a non-refundable $10 fee.
- Longest and diverse itinerary.
- Discover Northern BC and its rolling hills, ranchland, rugged forests and snow-capped mountains.
- Cruise through pristine waters of the Inside Passage