Work Practicum Opportunities
**These are work practicum opportunities so they are unpaid positions.**
Our objective is to provide a great work environment, one that fosters professional and personal development. At Discover Canada Tours & Club ESL, the practicum student will work in the fun and exciting industry of tourism where they can meet and travel with people from all over the world! This student will gain experience in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Promotions, Tour Operations, Accounting, and Business Administration. The primary objective of Discover Canada Tours is to enhance the international student’s time abroad by providing opportunities to interact on a social level with others through tours, activities, intramural sports, special events, and parties.
We are looking for people to join our team who possess a great personality, a passion for travel, and a commitment to excellence. As part of Discover Canada Tours, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting and fun industry; meet and work with people from all over the world; and gain valuable and fulfilling work experience.
Throughout the work practicum, the student will have the opportunity to gain significant experience
within one or more of the areas mentioned below. The practicum student’s primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Operations – assist the operations team with pre-tour preparation including tour bags, activity vouchers, passenger lists, tour reservations. Communicate with suppliers and partners as well as the outside sales team
- Marketing – assist in marketing projects, whenever needed
- Sales – general customer service such as helping with inquiries over the phone, via email or in person, taking bookings and payments.
- Special Promotions – assist in organizing and implementing special events and promotions for the purpose of increasing awareness of our company.
- Accounting – Bookkeeping: keeping track and recording of payments (TRAMS)
- Tour Assistance – The student will also have the opportunity to assist or co-guide some weekend tours.
- In addition, the student will perform general office duties such as answering the telephone, maintaining files and sending emails as requested.
Friendly, outgoing, communicative, approachable, responsive, and highly motivated.
Strong computer skills, particularly in MS PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is a great asset if interested in marketing opportunities.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
Tourism education is preferable. Previous work experience in sales, marketing, or tourism is an asset.
Minimum of three months and up to six months
- Valid work permit (i.e. internship visa, working holiday visa, etc.)
- Good English language skills (oral & written)
Watch a video that our previous practicum Anja created! 🙂
Trips & Destinations
820-1111 Melville Street Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E3V6