1. Choose your favourite tour
- Browse through our Tours page to choose the experience that best fits your needs and wishes. We offer a wide range of guided tours and independent travel itineraries through our family of brands.
- Use our filters and categories to narrow down your search by travel style, destination, season and duration. Whether you’re looking for a quick Rocky Mountain getaway, a magic trip to The Yukon, or a longer extraordinary experience, we have something to suit your preferences.
- Select more than one package of interest to ensure you have options in case some don’t have availability on your desired travel dates. This will give you more flexibility and increase your chances of finding the perfect adventure!
2. Check the availability
- With a few tour options in mind, check the availability for your preferred travel dates on the calendar shown at the top right corner of each tour page. While we offer year-round experiences, most of our itineraries are seasonal.
- Our guided tours have several scheduled departures. Guaranteed departures mean the tour will run on that date regardless of the number of confirmed bookings, unless there’s a cause of Force Majeure. Any other departure date for a scheduled tour operated by DCT will become guaranteed when the minimum number of secured guests has been reached.
- Our independent travel itineraries can be booked with one of our agents on your desired dates within the season when the package is offered, provided our transportation, accommodation and activity suppliers still have availability.
- If several of the tours that piqued your interest have seats available on your desired dates, you can compare them based on duration, price, and itinerary to help you make a decision, or you can contact us to book available combo tours!
3. Get a quote and obtain travel insurance
- Uniglobe Specialty Travel is the parent company of DCT. As a leading provider of travel management services and part of a global organisation, it specialises in arranging all the travel needs of groups and individuals around the world.
- As a full-service travel agency, Uniglobe can book travel insurance for you, including Cancel For Any Reason insurance, to give you further peace of mind and protection in case you need to cancel within our cancellation deadlines. Our cancellation deadlines are set based on our supplier deadlines, and we must enforce our policies regardless of the reason for cancellation. For this reason, we strongly encourage that you purchase additional travel insurance.
4. Read and understand our Terms & Conditions
- Before you complete your booking to Live the Adventure with us, it is worth reviewing our Book with Confidence policy; it encompasses the most flexible cancellation policies, terms and conditions and payment plans available.
- All transactions and packages sold by Discover Canada Tours or any of its brands are in Canadian dollars (CA$). Prices displayed in U.S. dollars are indicative rates only for information purposes. We can not guarantee the accuracy of the exchange rate and recommend for you to confirm current rates prior to making any transactions.
- We offer deposit options for multi-day tours up to 60 days of departure, only when booking directly with one of our Sales Representatives. For online bookings or bookings made within 60 days of departure or through our affiliates, resellers or agents, full payment is due at the time of booking.
- Our cancellation policies vary depending on the nature of each tour, please review our Terms & Conditions page to find the policy that applies to your selected tour/s.
- Uniglobe Specialty Travel, our parent company, offers travel insurance for further protection, including Cancel For Any Reason insurance. Please see step 3 for more information.
5. Book your tour or travel itinerary
Are you all set and ready to book? Amazing! We offer many options to complete your booking:
- Online: You can reserve our scheduled guided tours online at any time on this website. On each tour page, you will find a calendar and “Book Now” button on the right column that will take you to our online booking portal. Please note that prices shown on the tour page are based on shoulder season and include taxes, but exclude the fuel surcharge and the online booking fee (6%). On the booking portal, you will find the actual price per person for your desired departure date and room configuration, and also available special rates, if any, for seniors, students, and/or children.
- Email (direct): Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book any tour, including independent travel itineraries, directly with one of our agents. We will respond within 24-48 hours during our hours of operation, Monday-Friday 9 am – 5:30 pm PST all year, and including weekends during the summer months (June-September). This booking method waives the online booking fee.
- Phone (direct): Another way to make a direct reservation is by calling our office at or (toll free) during our hours of operation.
- In person (direct): If you are currently in Vancouver, BC, you are more than welcome to visit us in our office during our opening hours, located in the downtown area, just 1 block west of the Burrard SkyTrain Station. Our address is 636 Hornby Street.
As a full-service travel agency, we can also take care of your flights, accommodation and activity arrangements while you are travelling with us. Speak to an agent today to get started. Please note that we are not an immigration office and cannot help with consulting or processing of travel visas.
6. Review your confirmation email, book your optional activities, and sign the waiver
- You will receive a confirmation email to the address provided at the time of booking. In this email, you will find useful information and details about your tour and departure date, time and location, as well as recommendations on what to bring, your payment receipt and a reminder of our cancellation policies.
- All of our tours currently depart from Canada Place in downtown Vancouver. The day tours from our Discover Vancouver Tours collection also offer 3 additional pick-up locations located around the downtown area.
- The most important item on your confirmation email is the Release of Liability waiver. All participants aged 19 or more must complete, sign and submit this waiver online in order to join our tours. For guests who are 18 years of age or under, we require a signed consent by a parent or legal guardian. Please forward your email to the adult responsible of signing and submitting the waiver.
- You will also receive the information on optional activities that you can participate in during your tour. Many activities sell out far in advance and a few are only available with advance purchase so we highly recommend going through all of the options and booking them well in advance of your tour departure date.
7. Pack your bags
- When the departure date is close, it’s time to pack up for your adventure! If you’re coming to Vancouver by plane, please make sure you read and understand the luggage allowance and policies of the airline and fare you are flying with before you start packing. This will save you time and issues at the airport.
- While on tour with DCT, we allow for one (1) piece of luggage and a small backpack or handbag per guest to accommodate all of our adventurers. We strongly recommend that you bring a suitcase that you can easily manoeuvre, as we will be on the move almost every morning on our tours. If you have excess baggage, we offer storage in Vancouver. Please contact us if you need more information or have any questions regarding our luggage allowance.
- If you are not sure what to put inside your bags, the first step is to plan for the season you are travelling in. If you’re visiting Western Canada during Winter or Spring, make sure to pack warm clothes and accessories. Our Yukon tours usually include arctic clothes rental for extreme below zero temperatures, so you don’t need to worry about those. If you’re coming in the Summer or Fall months, you can pack lighter clothes, and also a jacket, waterproof layers, and bug spray.
- You can consult the What to Bring section on each tour page or in your confirmation email. We also recommend that you check the latest news & weather conditions in Vancouver and other destinations you may visit on your trip. Please be aware that weather in the Pacific Northwest and the Rocky Mountains may change abruptly, so make sure you pack versatile and layered outfits!
8. Arrive in Vancouver, Canada
- All of our tours depart from downtown Vancouver, BC, unless you booked an independent travel itinerary including airfare and with a different departure city.
- Whether you are a local adventurer or you are arriving by land, sea or air, we will meet you at the departure point at least 15 minutes before your tour starts on the selected date. If you need help with your flights, accommodations, and other travel arrangements (except for visa applications), please contact us.
- Before or after your tour with us, we can help you make the most of Vancouver with our City Stay Package, Day Tours or special rates on activities in and around the city.
9. Depart for your tour
- The day has arrived, and it’s time to Live the Adventure! All of our tour buses for the guided tours depart from (and return to) Canada Place in downtown Vancouver, unless otherwise specified in the itinerary or your confirmation email. We recommend you search for 1025 Canada Place on your map to get as close as possible to the exact departure point, located in front of the Vancouver Convention Centre (East Building) and near the FlyOver Canada ticket centre. Our Discover Vancouver Tours also have 3 additional pick-up locations to choose at the time of booking: Library Square, Sheraton Wall Centre and Blue Horizon Hotel. Please refer to your confirmation email and meet us at the confirmed pick-up location.
- Make sure that the waiver for every person in your group is signed prior to check in for your tour. You will find our Discover Canada Tours staff dressed in bright green, so you won’t miss us!
- Upon checking in, you will be given a bracelet with our emergency number and your luggage will be loaded onto the bus. Now you’re ready to get to know the rest of adventurers on your tour and hop on the bus for an experience you will never forget.
10. Tell us about your experience
- Your adventure with Discover Canada Tours has come to an end, and now that you are part of the Green Team family, you are always welcome to travel with us again!
- We surely hope you come back from your trip with new friends, memories to last a lifetime, and a great time getting to know our home in Western Canada.
- If you enjoyed your tour and have some feedback you’d like to share with us, we would love to hear from you! We strive to continuously improve the experiences we offer to our guests. You can leave a review about your adventure and tour guide on Google or TripAdvisor, or you can email us directly at email@example.com to share your insights with us.
Thank you for joining us on this journey, and always continue to Live the Adventure!